Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having closed our first super seed round. We're a Barclays Techstars accelerator alumni and we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
The Chief Commercial Officer will be someone who wants to support the growth of Nimbla and wants the freedom to build a different kind of organisation that helps keep the thriving small business enterprise alive. This is the opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising InsurTech startups in the UK. We will count on you to make a significant contribution to our success and will support yours in the process.
You are highly innovative and will deliver TradeCrediTech and Nimbla’s commercial roadmap. Passionate about supporting a growing business you are looking for the opportunity to use your business acumen to shape the vision and the future of the organisation. You excel in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for high-quality innovative businesses, you are a hands-on manager and strive to hit bold revenue targets. You understand the distinction between product and solution selling and can build a team accordingly. You see your team's success as your own and will provide them with the mentorship and support to create a thriving organisation.
● Set the commercial roadmap for the business in line with the CEO and board vision
● Work with the CEO to define and communicate the business' vision to potential customers and partners
● Be forward-thinking and guide the team in developing an open, transparent and flexible work environment
● Be comfortable managing a growing team and want to continue to develop those skills
● See each team members’ success as the number one priority
● Ensure the right priorities for delivering the revenue targets
● Build a team to deliver the revenue targets across all opportunities
● Develop partnerships to support European expansion
● Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
● Manage relationships with partners/vendors
● A strong commercial background involving marketing, direct sales, sales and channel management, contract negotiation (experience of licensing is a bonus), development of pricing strategies, key account management
● A history of growing sales, margin and market share
● Established global network in target markets
● Demonstrated ability to successfully launch new products and build profitable income streams
● Ability to identify new product opportunities and work with customers to formulate a company fit
● A team player able to work well with the technical team to prioritise projects and accelerate time to market for new products
● Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Bonus points for
● Knowledge of FinTech or InsurTech
● Selling insurance or a product that has an asymmetric risk profile
● Experience of working within a regulated industry
What we believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
Measuring performance by more than time
Work smarter rather than harder and measure results rather than time.
Once you are familiar with our objectives and the way we work. We are based in a comfortable and trendy workspace, a stone’s throw from the city. We would love to see you there but you will also have the opportunity to work remotely.
What you'd expect
● A competitive salary
● Share options
● £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
● We offer 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel/Aldgate workspace
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Cycle to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Discounts on cinema tickets, train tickets, etc.
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Dynamic working hours
We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
Our furry friend Oscar is in the office sometimes.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.