Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having just closed our first super seed round. A Barclays Techstars Alumni, we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
The Credit Risk Analyst will be someone who wants the freedom to build something different and help us keep thriving small businesses going. This is an opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising FinTech startups in the UK. We'll count on you to make a significant contribution to your success and will support yours in the process.
You’re a highly innovative Credit Risk Specialist who will build on Nimbla’s credit risk function by driving change and improving our overall risk management and risk measurement and prediction.
Driven by a desire to learn as well as supporting a growing business, you're looking for the opportunity to use your understanding of credit risk and analytical skills to shape the vision and the future of the organisation. This is a commercial risk role where you'll be expected to balance risk against the commercial ambitions of the business. You'll understand traditional credit risk methods but have a passion to use data to bring credit risk forecasting and modelling to the next level. You're keen to help us improve our business practices, drive our growth and expand our portfolio. You'll have the support of our data science team to enhance existing models and build new models to test and learn from. Together you'll source new data and methods that are the foundation of our revenues.
With a passion for high-quality innovative businesses, you'll be experienced in developing risk models, setting limits, testing hypothesis and monitoring the trends across our user base to identify how macro events impact our portfolio. You excel in an open environment where you have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best.
● Develop and improve the current credit risk monitoring tools, including portfolio credit risk monitoring and credit stress testing
● Provide analysis and insight into the credit risk profile and maintaining robust reporting suite
● Build NPV models to inform insuring decisions and overall strategy, and understanding their limitations
● Report and escalate material risk events, including conduct risk events and conflicts of interest, or losses
● Use analytics to produce an insurance risk limit, manage our insurance risk strategy
● As a result of the above, advise on the best pricing structure for all our insurance products
● Ground the loss/default assumption to be used in acquisition or customer management decisions
● Change, remove and add insuring policy rules
● Generation of key management information to support business direction and ensure risk appetite objectives are met
● Python, R, Scala, Java or Matlab in a data science context (propensity models, segmentations or solving complex problems using optimisation techniques)
● Ability to interpret complex data and apply numerical techniques is key, and familiarity with statistical methods is expected
● Conceptual thinking — ability to find innovative ways to solve analytica lproblems
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within cross-functional teams
● Previous risk analytics experience in a financial services organisation
● Experience of working within a regulated industry
What to expect
● A competitive salary
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Bike to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Comfortable and trendy workspace, a short walk from Aldgate, Aldgate East and Liverpool Street
● Unlimited coffee, tea and fruit every day
● 28 days of holiday per annum, plus your birthday and bank holidays off
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow, and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Dynamic working hours
We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
Learning & development
Books, courses, and £1,000 budget to spend as you wish for your personal development.
Our furry friend Oscar loves a bit of attention (but also sleeps a lot).
We believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
Measuring performance by more than time
This position is being offered on a flexible work-week basis with no compromise on salary.
We are based in a comfortable and trendy workspace, a short walk from Aldgate, Aldgate East and Liverpool Street. We will love to see you there, you will also have the opportunity to work remotely and balance your life and your work as works for you.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.