Customer Operations Manager
Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having closed our first super seed round. We're a Barclays Techstars accelerator alumni and we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
The Customer Operations Manager will be someone who wants to support the growth of something different and help us give small businesses more confidence to trade. This is the opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising FinTech startups in the UK. We will count on you to make a significant contribution to our success and will support yours in the process.
● Have ownership of new and existing clients to increase adoption and drive retention by helping SMEs and brokers set up and settle on our platform
● Build strong, trusted, and influential relationships with our customers, focusing on maximising value for them while increasing usage
● Deal with all incoming queries over phone, chat, and emails, answering questions, including providing quotes, requests for information and technical support
● Support the Sales team in their effort to promote Nimbla to brokers and partners by managing new contracts, due diligence, and other administrative processes
● Conduct regular checks on SME customer data including user settings and reports to ensure the smooth running of the account, identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate it
● Engage in open dialogue with SME customers regarding ways to improve and expand user engagement, and solicit feedback in order to improve our product and service offerings
● Champion opportunities to consistently improve the quality of the Nimbla experience by liaising with the relevant domain leaders to champion change across the organisation
● Be driven to improve results, keeping customer's NPS as your key metric and champion our customers’ perspective in everything we do, with the objective of ensuring a positive experience with every interaction
● Have account management or customer success experience in a startup environment
● Have strong organisation and operations management skills
● Are comfortable communicating with customers over phone, email, and chat
● Be self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
● Have strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong relationships in view of training and motivating clients
● Demonstrate empathy, diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
● Be able to communicate clearly, organise effectively and delegate responsibility so problems are solved quickly
● Able to work across several functions simultaneously to achieve common goals across teams
Bonus points for
● Knowledge of FinTech or InsurTech
● Experience of working within a regulated industry
What we believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
Measuring performance by more than time
Work smarter rather than harder and measure results rather than time.
Once you are familiar with our objectives and the way we work. We are based in a comfortable and trendy workspace, a stone’s throw from the city. We would love to see you there but you will also have the opportunity to work remotely.
What you'd expect
● A competitive salary
● Share options
● £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
● We offer 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel/Aldgate workspace
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Cycle to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Discounts on cinema tickets, train tickets, etc.
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Dynamic working hours
We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
Our furry friend Oscar is in the office sometimes.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to email@example.com.