Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having closed our first super seed round. We're a Barclays Techstars accelerator alumni and we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
The Data Analyst will be someone who wants the freedom to build something different and help us keep the thriving small business enterprise alive. This is the opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising InsurTech startups in the UK. We will count on you to make a significant contribution to our success and will support yours in the process.
You are a highly inquisitive Data Analyst who excels in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for high-quality scalable solutions, you will be experienced in various reporting, data warehousing, data science, quantitative analysis and perhaps some machine learning techniques.
● Be able to clean and manipulate data
● Fulfil daily ad-hoc requests
● Be able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
● Love to solve complex technical problems while learning new technologies in the process
● Curious and ask questions to deepen understanding and create the best solutions
● Seek continual self-improvement
● Be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams
● Be able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
● Have excellent communication skills
● Proficient in Python or R
● Have had some experience with SQL (preferably Postgres) and/or cloud computing platforms (preferably GCP)
● Have some experience with any of the following: data collection and cleansing, exploratory analysis, clustering, financial modelling, simulation
● Used some form of visualisation software for easy communication
● Contributed to business reporting allowing for real-time analysis
Bonus points for
● Knowledge of FinTech or InsurTech
● Experience of working within a regulated industry
What we believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
Measuring performance by more than time
Work smarter rather than harder and measure results rather than time.
Once you are familiar with our objectives and the way we work. We are based in a comfortable and trendy workspace, a stone’s throw from the city. We would love to see you there but you will also have the opportunity to work remotely.
What you'd expect
● A competitive salary
● Share options
● £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
● We offer 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel/Aldgate workspace
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Cycle to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Discounts on cinema tickets, train tickets, etc.
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Dynamic working hours
We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
Our furry friend Oscar is in the office sometimes.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to email@example.com.