Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having closed our first super seed round. We're a Barclays Techstars accelerator alumni and we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
We're growing and we're looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead the design and implementation of the systems, pipelines, and networks of our products as well as our internal tooling. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical know-how, tackle and resolve security problems and work with engineering on various product issues.
● Management and improvement of the current network: analysis and design of our architecture, data pipelines, network administration, VPN management
● Design and Implementation of networks/databases/systems and monitoring tools
● System administration
● Assisting in the implementation of various engineering projects (deployment, CI/CD, data analysis ...)
● Responsible for the infrastructure (servers, network, databases, security), and the different SI environments (dev, demo, staging, prod)
● Experience with all the following systems is a MUST: UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X
● Excellent knowledge understanding of regular expressions and scripting
● Experienced in performance diagnostics, automation/scripting, the configuration of high activity/criticality environments
● Knowledge of the HashiCorp stack (Terraform)
● Experience maintaining source control systems, file servers (SMB, NFS ...) and databases (SQL, NoSQL ...)
● Experience maintaining large-scale cloud-only platforms (GCP, AWS, Heroku)
What we believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
What you'd expect
● A competitive salary
● Share options
● £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
● We offer 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel/Aldgate workspace
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Cycle to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Discounts on cinema tickets, train tickets, etc.
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Our furry friend Oscar is in the office sometimes.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.