Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having just closed our first super seed round. A Barclays Techstars Alumni, we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
The Python Software Engineer will be someone who wants the freedom to build something different and help us keep thriving small businesses going. This is an opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising FinTech startups in the UK. We'll count on you to make a significant contribution to your success and will support yours in the process.
You're a highly competent developer who excels in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for engineering high-quality scalable solutions, you'll be experienced in pipeline development, API design and Google Cloud/AWS cloud-compute services.
● Design and develop enhancements to projects, mostly using Python
● Work in a Linux environment
● Coordinate with team members on the development of large components
● Build ETL pipelines and model-runners in a cloud environment to bridge the data-analytics and development efforts
● Analyse sources such as log files, database tables, graphs, and code to diagnose problems, and subsequently, fix them
● Seek continual self-improvement
● Be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams
● Be able to excel with minimal supervision
● Be able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
● Have excellent communication skills
● Experience of developing in Python
● Working knowledge of algorithms and data structures
● Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL, particularly PostgreSQL
● Problem-solving skills, and the tenacity to resolve technical problems that you might not have seen before
● Research and decision-making skills, as you’ll need to decide where to focus your learning, and what to focus on
● Working knowledge of microservices architectures
● Experience deploying large-scale platforms in the cloud
● Knowledge of FinTech or InsurTech
What to expect
● A competitive salary
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Bike to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Comfortable and trendy workspace, a short walk from Aldgate, Aldgate East and Liverpool Street
● Unlimited coffee, tea and fruit every day
● 28 days of holiday per annum, plus your birthday and bank holidays off
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow, and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Dynamic working hours
We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
Learning & development
Books, courses, and £1,000 budget to spend as you wish for your personal development.
Our furry friend Oscar loves a bit of attention (but also sleeps a lot).
We believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
Measuring performance by more than time
This position is being offered on a flexible work-week basis with no compromise on salary.
We are based in a comfortable and trendy workspace, a short walk from Aldgate, Aldgate East and Liverpool Street. We will love to see you there, you will also have the opportunity to work remotely and balance your life and your work as works for you.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.