Technical Support Engineer
Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We're building the future of small business protection and are on a high growth trajectory, having closed our first super seed round. We're a Barclays Techstars accelerator alumni and we have the backing from a world-leading insurance company.
Nimbla is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, tackle and resolve customer problems, work with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more.
● Provide technical support for enterprise customers
● Develop a deep understanding of the Nimbla product
● Fix technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
● Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Nimbla users
● Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, advance cases to engineering, and provide the necessary documentation
● Experience with the following systems is a requirement: UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X
● Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
● Knowledge in the following areas: Shell scripting, JSON
● Experience with Business Intelligence tools is a plus
● Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to the appropriate development team(s)
● The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Nimbla
● Solid knowledge of networking concepts
● Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem-solving, and problem resolution
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we believe in
For our customers because we aim to make business a fairer place by protecting small and medium-sized businesses from bad debt. For our team because together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change.
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users.
What you'd expect
● A competitive salary
● Share options
● £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
● We offer 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
● Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution
● Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel/Aldgate workspace
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Cycle to work scheme
● Tech purchase scheme
● Discounts on cinema tickets, train tickets, etc.
Autonomy and empowerment
What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
We all want to grow and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be open and honest.
Our furry friend Oscar is in the office sometimes.
Does this sound like you? Apply today by sending your CV and your motivation to email@example.com.